Monday, February 18, 2008

Katie McGregor Makes Another US Team

Katie McGregor booked her spot on the US team for the IAAF World XC Championships in Edinburgh, Scotland on March 30 this weekend in San Diego. She'll have a short time to enjoy that though, as she's off this weekend to compete in the USATF indoor championships in Boston. She's entered in the women's 3K . Computerless in San Diego, she offered these thoughts when she got back home: "I am excited to compete on another World Championship team and even more excited that Emily Brown will be my teammate. Dennis (Barker, Team USA MN coach) already bought his ticket for the trip, so we had some pressure to get the job done in San Diego!"

On this weekend's race, Katie says: "I am just running indoor track for fun. The 3K isn't my event, but I like to change things up every now and then. I enjoy competing, even if it is not my strongest event. I will not run world indoors if I make the team. "

No comments: