Monday, February 25, 2008

Emily Brown Talks about her PR in the Mile

Team USA Minnesota's Emily Brown won the mile at the Parents Day Open on Saturday with a personal best for the distance of 4:37.58. Her previous best in an open mile indoors had been 4:44.14, but she had split 4:37 for 1,600 meters at last year's Drake Relays. The following are her thoughts on the race and the lead up to the IAAF World XC Championships in Scotland on March 30: "I was feeling a little sick and still a little tired from last weekend. I didn't want to go through the first 200 as fast as I did, but I needed to get out of the pack early. I think the first 200-400 just threw off the race for me.

"I definetely went in hoping for a PR. I knew that I would probably run a PR, I was just hoping it would be a little bit faster. This race wasn't really part of any training plan, I just wanted to see where I was at in the mile before the indoor season came to a close. -There will be no more races prior to the World meet. I have the feeling it is going to come up faster than I think."

Photo by Gene Niemi.

No comments: