Saturday, February 16, 2008

Kara Goucher talks about Birmingham

Ever have a bad day at the office. Kara Goucher had that kind of day on Saturday in Birmingham, England. Goucher ran 8:57.53, listed as a a personal best for 3K indoors only because she doesn't run the distance often. Goucher set her PR for the 3K in Reiti last summer, running 8:34.99.

These are Kara's comments on her race: "Ugh! That was not good! I have been feeling a little under the weather since Millrose. I was so excited to run here, and the track is beautiful! Unfortunately, I just struggled today. As soon as the gun went off I felt totally drained. My breathing was controlled, but my body had no fight, no pop. I am frustrated that I felt bad at this particular meet, where there was such a great chance to run fast. But, I really feel like this is part of the game, and I'm not going to let it shake my confidence. It's not what I was looking for, but it's over and now I am going to focus on getting healthy... And maybe running that indoor 1500. We'll see if I perk up over the next few days."

Photo by Victor Sailer http://www.photorun.net/.

No comments: