Saturday, May 04, 2013

Jensen and Dunne Win MIAC Multi Titles

Concordia's Kaari Jensen won the MIAC pentathlon Friday at Saint John's.
(Photo courtesy of Pat McCabe, Saint Benedict Sports Information)
Concordia Moorhead's Kaari Jensen won the Heptathlon on Friday scoring 4,754 points to defeat St. Olaf sophomore Dani Larson by 230 points.  Jensen, the defending champion, the point total was her second highest this year to capture her thrid straight MIAC Heptathlon title.  She also won the indoor Pentathlon earlier this year.  As an athlete at  Pierz HS, Jensen was a "triple threat," competing in track, basketball, and tennis. She finished third in the MSHSL State Championships in the 300 hurdles.  Full results are HERE.


 St Thomas' Max Dunne led a St. Thomas sweep in the Decathlon, scoring 6,322 points.   Dunne, a junior from Burnsville where he was an All Conference performer in both track and hockey, is in his first year at St. Thomas: "I have yet to start a school year at the same school. I went to North Park University in Chicago my first year, Inver Hills Community College my second year, then came to St Thomas my third year, where I started track.  And last fall I studied abroad in Italy." Full results are HERE.
Max Dunne


No comments: