Friday, June 27, 2014

USATF Day 2 Quotes

"I’m really happy," said Shaina Burns of her second place finish in the heptathlon. It was an overall PR for me. I’m not a heptathlete who has one outstanding event. For me it feels like a creep up there. I’ll get second or third in every event, so people don’t see me coming. In the end, it all adds up and it’s such a great feeling.

On the opportunity to represent Team USA at the IAAF World Junior Championships
“I’m so excited. This is one of my ultimate dreams to have a Team USA uniform. Down the home stretch in the 800, I had to keep my eye on Emily because we were so close for second and third and in my head every step I kept going, ‘USA! USA!’”

Laura Roesler, Heat 4 Winner in the 800
“I knew it was feel pretty hard. I probably run more 800s than that whole field combined. So I went in expecting it to feel like a prelim, like a 2-flat race. I just need to secure my spot in the top three. I was in a pretty good heat, so I couldn't mess around.”

Amanda Smock, Triple jump Winner
“The sixth title feels just about as good as the first. I’m thrilled to have the win. Of course, I would have like to jumped a little better. I had a great opener and then struggled with my run a little. Finally, on my last run I just found a little bit more speed and I could work through the jump a little better.”


No comments: