Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Changes Afoot at Down the Backstretch ...


A note from Down the Backstretch Editor/Publisher Charlie Mahler … 

There’s going to be a change at our web-site for the coming months. I’ve taken a temporary, full-time position with Twin Cities In Motion, the organizers of the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon. I’m contracted to work there until November as a Media and Communications Assistant.

In order devote myself fully to the TCM job – and make sure the quality of coverage remains high at DtB -- I’ve hired Jim Ferstle to handle the day-to-day reporting on the web-site until I return to its helm later this year. Jim has carried the reporting baton at DtB before, and, as a nationally respected running journalist, will do fine, fine work.

If you need to reach DtB in the coming months, please contact Jim at jferstle [AT] gmail [DOT] com. If you need to reach me, my e-mail address remains cmahler22 [AT] yahoo [DOT] com.

I hope you enjoy following the rest of the Olympics, the upcoming cross country season, and this fall’s marathon action through Down the Backstretch and Jim Ferstle.

 I know that’s what I’ll be doing!

2 comments:

Jess Koski said...

Congrats on the job Chuck!

CrystalVision said...

Good Luck Charlie!