Saturday, April 19, 2014

Track Results

Mt SAC:
Shawn Francis was 5th in the Invitational Elite pole vault, Event #138 clearing 5.35m/17'6.5".  MSU Mankato Chris Reed was 14th in the Invitational Elite shot put, Event #144, throwing 18.25m/59'10.5".
MSU Mankato Jerrell Hancock was 10th in the Invitational Elite 200, Event # 103 in 20.98.

Francis wrote on Instagram: "This week in Cali(fornia) has really transformed my thinking about the vault and life for that matter! I went into the meet today with a few cues I've picked up while I've been here with (the) whole agenda of trying them out in a meet. I opened up at 5.35m (17'6") and had the best feeling jump I've ever had! 

"Felt effortless on a somewhat small pole! Plus nothing hurt which is always a plus! At 5.50m (18'1") I got some swirly head winds that were messing with my run but overcame it on my third attempt and put a good look at 5.50! I've never been a good headwind guy, but for the first time it didn't really bother me. I'm more jacked at the window of potential that's been opened thanks to Bubba Sparks, Brian Yokoyama, and Giovanni Lanaro." 

"The progress is unreal for the short time I've been playing with these cues. With more time and practice the sky's the limit! Outdoors is officially opened and big jumps are on their way!  P.S. thanks to everyone who came out and said hi! I loved chatting with you. I saw a few hoot shirts out there too! You guys were the best looking people in the crowd by far."

Full results for all events at Mt SAC are HERE.

Long Beach Invitational also going on with live results HERE. U-Mary, MSU Moorhead, MSU Mankato competing. (Note that the listing for the second day of competition says it is being run on Sunday.  The events are happening on Saturday, April 19.)

MSU Moorhead summary thus far with link to results for Brian Clay Invitational(Friday), Mt. SAC, and NSU Open are HERE.

On Friday, Concordia St. Paul track team competed in the Good Friday Open in Iowa.  Summary of their results are HERE.

On Thursday, MSU Mankato competed in the Cal State Twilight Meet, team summary of results is HERE.

Summary of Carlton performances at Wednesday's Manitou Open are HERE
St. Kate's Manitou summary is HERE..
Macalester summary of Manitou is HERE.
SMSU results and meet summary from the Wednesday/Thursday Red Raider Open are HERE.

University of Minnesota Morris summary of weekend meet results is HERE.

No comments: