Sunday, August 11, 2013

Brown Qualifies in 1500

Medtronic TC Mile Champ Sarah Brown probably feels like she's run a marathon to move on to the semi-finals of the 1500.  Called on at the last minute after Treniere Moser withdrew with an injury from the US team, Brown's rush to Moscow paid off as she finished eighth in the final heat in 4:09 to move on to the next round. TC Mile runner-up Nicole Sifuentes of Canada also qualified for the semis.

In the women's discus finals, US champ Gia Lewis-Smallwood finished fifth with a throw of 210'7"/64.23m.“Wow, it was so eye opening," she said. "You plan for these things, but it is sort of like planning for something that you don't really understand. Then when you are in it, it is amazing. I actually had to make my third throw to even get in the finals. And I did. My fourth throw, I just really went for it. It was awesome, I'm very pleased. This is huge. The only thing I can think about is how much I want to train. I don't want to take any time off, I just want to train and get better. That is the only thing I am thinking about. I just want to train. It was a huge motivator. Let's go.“

Discus results are HERE. 1500 heats results are HERE. Can you say Lightening Bolt? Photo HERE.

No comments: