Monday, January 21, 2013

Concordia Moorhead's Levi Bachmeier Talks Vaulting

Levi Bachmeier, a junior pole vaulter from Concordia College Moorhead talks about vaulting. 
Who has been the most influential person in your athletic career?
My high school pole vault coach, Adam Christensen (West Fargo HS). The passion he possesses for the sport is contagious, his love for pole vaulting rubbed off on me. He is without a doubt one of the most encouraging individuals I’ve ever had the opportunity to meet.
 
If you could meet any athlete, who would it be and what one question would you ask them? 
I’d love to sit down with Surgei Bubka and ask him why he loves track and field, pole vaulting specifically.
 
What is your most embarrassing sports moment?
I’ve definitely had my fair share, but I’d say getting stuck in the pole vault pits and having to have someone help pull me out.
 
Do you have any pregame/pre-event rituals? If so, what are they?
I like to eat the same things and listen to the exact same play list, followed by the same warm up I’ve done since high school.
 
If you have been involved in community service projects, which project has been the most rewarding and why? 
I had the opportunity to help advise a group of high school students as they’ve attempted to raise as much food as possible for those in need. In the two years I’ve advised the group, the students have raised nearly a million meals. It’s been more rewarding than I can say.

No comments: