Monday, October 08, 2007

McGregor Second to Kastor at USA 10K

Team USA Minnesota's Katie McGregor finished second to Olympic bronze medalist Deena Kastor at the USA Women's 10K Championships held in conjunction with the Tufts 10K in Boston today.

Kastor won the race in 32:01; McGregor clocked 32:41.

"All things considered, it was a pretty good race because I have been putting in a lot of miles the last couple of weeks," McGregor said in a Team USA Minnesota news release. "I have been on that course before so I decided to go for it. Deena went out hard and I was just over five minutes for the first mile. I was in second place practically from the start and ran by myself the whole time, continually trying to dig in and keep going so the other girls didn't come up on me."

St. Paul Academy and Summit School alum Cack Ferrell was 12th in 33:57. Wadena native Johanna Olson was 25th in 34:55.

Full results can be found HERE.

McGregor will compete again on Sunday -- with Kastor as a teammate -- at the IAAF World Road Running Championships in Udine, Italy.

"As a team I think we can place pretty high because everyone is running really well right now and we have the talent," McGregor, who has previously been on medal-winning Ekiden and World Cross Country teams with Olympian Kastor, said.

No comments: