Thursday, August 14, 2008

Goucher to DNT: "I am ready to go."

Kara Goucher is ready to race in tomorrow's Olympic 10,000 meter final.

The Duluth native said as much in her recent dispatch from Beijing, HERE, published in today's Duluth News-Tribune.

"I am ready to go," she wrote the paper 48 hours before the competition. "From now on it’s only rest and relaxation. Friday will be great. I cannot guarantee anything, only that I will do my best and put it out there."

Goucher will compete tomorrow morning, Minnesota time. Her race may be shown live on NBC's web-stream, HERE, at 9:45 a.m., according to the News-Tribune.

Along with Goucher's update from the Games, the News-Tribune also has a nice pre-race feature, HERE, by Kevin Pates. Pates interviewed Garry Bjorklund -- a northeastern Minnesota 10,000 meter Olympian himself -- about what Goucher can expect in Beijing.

The IAAF's preview for the event is HERE.

The IAAF's biographical entry list is HERE.

No comments: