Saturday, June 28, 2008

the track town diaries: pre's trail

For our first run in Eugene, Kris and I both headed straight for the Willamette River. Kris chose the 12-mile "bridge to bridge" loop. I'm nursing a sore achilles, so I settled for a 5-miler on the wood chips of Pre's Trail.

Lots of runners on the trail this morning. To honor the legend, I ran down each and every one of them, including a number of senior citizens and little kids. My only complaint: Pre's Trail could use a few more directional signs. Pre didn't need any signs. The fire in his belly told him which way to go!

People I saw on the run this morning: Perry and Kari Bach, Ritchie and Magdalena Lewy Boulet (she was looking surprisingly good after a tough 10,000 last night) and David Krummenacker (who was walking). But Kris topped me, as she crossed paths with one of her heroes, the legendary Joan Samuelson.

No comments: