Thursday, August 27, 2009

Team USA Minnesota's Katie McGregor finished 17th in the IAAF World Track and Field Championships 10,000 meters in Berlin. Photo by Sean Hartnett

Katie McGregor answers a few questions about her experience in Berlin.

Down the Backstretch: What was most memorable about the events you saw at the meet?

Katie McGregor: Usain Bolt. Dwight Phillips winning the long jump and getting his medal from relatives of Jesse Owens and Lutz Long. Three US women in the top six for the 1500, Desiree Davila running 2:27.53 for 11th in the marathon.

DtB: What was most memorable about the trip?

KM: Being on a national team and representing the United States is such and honor and always memorable. The stadium was the coolest I have ever seen. The roof was incredible.

DtB: What were your goals going in and how did it all play out in your event?

KM: I didn't have the race I wanted, but it has been a rough year for me overall. I need to make sure I can stay with the pack during the next championship event.

No comments: