Thursday, April 10, 2008

USATF-Minnesota Interviews Katie McGregor

The USATF - Minnesota web-site has just posted a interview with Team USA Minnesota's Katie McGregor (pictured), HERE, as part of its "Road to Beijing" series. Running Minnesota's Chad Austin conducted the interview.

My favorite McGregor answer, in response to a question about the odds of making the team, is:

"I wouldn’t dedicate my life to training if I didn’t believe in myself. I believe I will make the team."

In addition, the USATF-Minnesota web-site recently posted some of Thom Weddles' photos from the Carlsbad 5K, HERE.

Also ... Both Andrew Carlson, HERE, and Emily Brown, HERE, have interesting new journal entries posted on the New York Road Runners site.

Carlson segues from his middle school basketball career to Dan Browne's 2002 Twin Cities Marathon victory to Carlson's own duel with Browne at the Gate River Run last month. Brown talks about her recent cross country success and explains why she once said she never wanted to run cross country again.

Photo by Sean Hartnett.

No comments: