Thursday, May 10, 2007

Deatherage: "I have been eating so much steak it’s ridiculous"

Fast Women.Com, a great web-site hosted by the new York Road Runner's Club, just posted an in-depth interview of Team USA Minnesota's Jenelle Deatherage -- winner of last month's Drake Relays 1500 meter and the TC 1 Mile last week.

The Q/A talks about training, juggling running and a career, and -- explaining our headline -- her constant battles with low iron levels.

On the subject, Deatherage (pictured winning the TC 1 Mile) says: "I've been really trying to push the natural sources. I still take my supplements, but I was taking supplements when my levels were low, so my guess is that I just wasn't getting enough of the natural iron from the red meat. My poor husband; he feels like I’m going to give him a heart attack."

At Fast Women you can also find recent interviews of Team USA Minnesota's Sara Wells and Katie McGregor.

Photo courtesy of TCM by Paul Phillips, Competitive Image.

No comments: