Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pan Am Results: Ferrell Takes 5000 Silver

St. Paul native Cack Ferrell ran 15:42 to win the silver medal in the women's 5,000 meters Friday at the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Also on Friday, Shani Marks of Apple Valley leaped 45 feet, 8 inches to place fifth in the women's triple jump. Full results can be found at the official Pan Am games site.

On Saturday, Philip Dunn finished 8th in the men's 50K racewalk in a time of 4:15:47.

Results for the men's marathon – including Chris Lundstrom – should be posted early on Sunday morning.

Additional Content ... Ferrell told USATF after the race: "All things considered, I'm happy with my race. I led almost the whole time. My goal was either to win gold or run a good time and I didn't do either. The Olympic B Standard is 15:28. I would have liked to have gotten that."

No comments: